S/S 15' TRENDS

Hey dolls! 

So, it many not feel like it, but spring/summer is basically right around the corner. (At least thats what I tell myself) 

I think I can speak for most people when I say that I am dying for some summer heat. I cant wait for the day where I can step outside in a pair of flats, & shorts! I know I shouldn't let the gloomy weather get me down, but it's only because I'm such a summer person. Nice, sunny, warm weather puts me in the best mood. This is why I need to move to LA, lol. 

With my high hopes of it getting warmer outside, I find myself super anxious to start playing with nice looks/trends for the spring. 

Here are a few pieces that I feel will be trending for the upcoming season! 



Altuzarra SS 15 


Button up shirt dresses are super in and for good reason. This look is so effortless yet still gives you that professional, modern, clean look. I love that its a casual piece of clothing, and how you can play with it in so many ways! If your feeling daring, you can throw a pull over sweater on top of the dress and then you'll have a long layering effect happening. If your more for feeling pretty & chic, wear the dress just like in the image above. A belt at the waist and some thin strap heels, and this look has you feeling like you just left your boyfriends house to attend a fab lunch somewhere in the city. I'm a fan of loose clothing, and sometimes belts can restrain us. Go ahead and wear this without a belt if you desire comfort, just make sure the dress attempts to hug the right spots so it doesn't look like your wearing a bag. 



Preen SS 15 


Feathers = Fabulousness. 
There's something so cool about feathers. Maybe its because it reminds me of nature, tropical birds,  (which I love) or just plain out vacations. (Maybe THATS why I'm obsessed) 

But even so, feathers are sort of luxurious and make women feel sexy, sophisticated, and over all - savvy. This crop top/pencil skirt combo is definitely more "look at me", but when worn separately (for example, the crop with some trousers, and the skirt with a turtle neck) it can look very beautiful. Also, can we talk about them shoes?! 
HOT



Thakoon SS 15 


Trench coats are always a classic for both Spring & Fall. Thakoon's S/S collection put a little spin on the long trench style by making it look more like a kimono. Again, this look feels effortless, classic, and clean. I can see why they decided to go with the kimono look because they are usually light and flowy (like spring). If you love to layer, kimono's are perfect because you can wear them on top of anything. (Skirts, shorts, high waisted shorts, dresses, jeans, trousers, leggings... and the list goes on and on). Variation in length is important, and you can always count on a kimono trench coat to help you out!




Proenza Schouler SS 15


Things like fringe & tassels are everywhere this spring! Whether it be on a dress, on the back of a leather jacket, on a pair of shoes, or on a purse, fringe and loosely hanging tassels are a fun way to add movement. You have to be moving when wearing fringe, or else it just doesn't do it justice, lol. Fringe is cool because while it sort of reminds me of festivals, boho style- it also reminds me of the flapper era in the 1920's. It's funny how styles can change and remind you of different times in history. This just goes to prove that fashion always comes back, and it comes back reinvented. Every time I wear fringe I feel classy & edgy at the same time. 
Best of both worlds.




  
Jason Wu SS 15                                            Marc Jacobs SS 15


Many designers have been inspired by military green this spring/summer. The feel was all about being beautiful, simple, durable, and wearable. This shade of green is very flattering as it usually looks great on all skin types and can be matched nicely with other colours such as white, beige, black, etc. Jason Wu's collection was more subtle in comparisons to Marc Jacobs, and that's because of their distinct styles. Because military green is relaxed, it works when you want to add a pop of something. For example, Marc Jacob's went with oversized cargo pockets, and thick belts to of course- live up to his grunge vibe. I've already splurged on military green and can only say one thing: I fucking love this colour. 


Hurry up Spring & Summer 2015!



Vanessa, XO 













1 comment:

  1. I love the first outfit and the Jason Wu SS 15 & Marc Jacobs SS 15!!!
    http://julieswonderworld.com/

    ReplyDelete